Friday, October 15, 2010

Bargaining for dummies

-Looki, looki, Sir! Looking for a belt, Sir?
-Yeah, I`ve lost many kilos and these jeans tight at the beginning of the travel now they`re large... How much?
-Good price for you, Sir: 85 yuan.
-What??? 85?!? Ok, bye.
-No, no, no... Please come here, Sir! How much you wanna pay?
-I give you 30.
-Are you serious?!? Don`t you see this is fine leather, a very high quality product! 45 yuan, Sir.
-Yeah, I see it`s high quality, well refined and maybe Mr. Armani handcrafted personally this belt... but I guess the right price is 30.
-40! Where are you from, Sir?
-Italy. 30. Last price.
-Okay, Sir, give me 30.
-Ooops, my mistake! I have only 25 yuan...
-But you have said 30, Sir!
-Just because I didn`t previously checked the money left...
-Okay Sir, 30!
-I don`t have it, 25 is all I have!
-Sir, only 5 yuan more!
-I don`t have this bloody 5 yuan, you don`t wanna understand me... Bye!
-Okay, 25.
-First let me try the belt, it looks a little bit too large for me...
-No problem, Sir, I can make you extra holes on it or cutting away a slice.
-But if you cut away a slice of leather, the belt won`t be new anymore, so it should be cheaper... 20 yuan.
-Are you sure you`re Italian, Sir? You say you`re from Italy but I don`t think you`re really Italian. You`re too tough. All the other Italians I met weren`t tough as you!
-You mean the other Italians you met were stupid?
-Okay, Sir, 20 yuan. Get it.

2 comments:

  1. Vai su cose più costose... per giacca da sci in goretex, prezzo di partenza 2500 yuan... alla fine... 120!

    Next stop... Nihon?!

    Elettrico

    ReplyDelete