Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pingyao, China

I definitely enjoyed my stay in Pingyao. The ancient city centre is very well preserved and it looks like a country town coming directly from China`s past. Great is that moving just few metres from the main touristic street, people really live like in ancient countryside towns. This means very basic way of living for them, but endless charme for me. To balance on all this beauty, I admit I had maybe the worst hotel room ever in my travel career. All the cheap accomodations were already fully booked so I had to get what found. The air inside that room was almost unbreathable and the toilet had a curious smell similar to dead body mixed to shit. It was really unpleasant staying there... I`ve never been so thankful to have brought with me the camping-emergency blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment