Monday, October 18, 2010

Seoul, South Korea

I`m in Seoul since few days right now, reached by a freighter ferry from Weihai, China. Seems unbelievable how few hours sail can brings you to such a different culture than the one you left. South Korea is completely different to China, so close but so far. And it`s also amazing to consider how these countries I`m crossing, which were previously just names on the map for me, now they`re quickly turning into voices, faces, memories. Anyway, I feel an irrational simpathy for Koreans. Don`t misunderstand me, I`m not saying that just because the girls are hot, but because they are so polite and kind that I`m totally astonished for it. Seoul is a very modern city mixing Asian and Western charme, I could easily live here or at least spending some months, who knows... why not?
Among the remarkable things I`m experiencing here is: enjoying a traditional Korean barbecue and cold noodles with friends met in Mongolia in bustling Seoul`s Saturday night; eating silk worms while sipping Soju, the national firewater; hiking to the top of Mt. Bukhansan; walking the streets in search of mistery food and much more. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment