Friday, November 26, 2010

Ode to star-spangled banner

United States are squeezing me out the last drops of energy, I`m pissed off and sick of it. It`s insane thinking there is no way in New York City to backup a bunch of stupid pictures from my camera to a portable hard disk, but that`s the way it is. It`s almost one day I`m running all over NY trying all the ways to find a working computer but it seems there is no way at all. At the hostel they have vendingmachinelike computers without USB ports (2$/20 minutes). So they said me to go to a lundry shop where I paid 5 bucks for using a broken computer, and no way to do anything on it. I`m at the public library now, but there is no software for my job... But, hey, they say I could go to FedEx where renting a computer comes just 12$per hour: fuck off! Everybody here has his own laptop, so if you don`t have your own this mean you`re a poor bastard, and you gotta pay for that. You gotta pay because you cannot afford a trendy Macbook from fuckin` Apple Store on Fifth fuckin` Avenue. Same as the unbelievably bad public transportation all over the US: everybody owns a car, if you don`t have your own this mean you`re starving, so you don`t even need to move out of your ghetto. They say America is the land of freedom, but for most of the people I see on the streets the only freedom they have is the freedom to die. Is this real democracy?

3 comments:

  1. Ask someone, or buy a netbook for few bucks then go to Mc Donald and use internet at your pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Tonio, don`t say that, don`t say America is the big fucker: stay away from those easy slogan! United States cannot be perfect, maybe they`re not the promised land as they shown us, maybe there are problems to overcome, but it`s still a great country with amazing people and many opportunities to offer. Right, Asia is charming, but I wouldn`t like to live there (except for Japan or Seoul), in Usa I could easily live... and, for sure, I feel home much more here than Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know, Matteo, since you are moving to US. :)
    Mona <3

    ReplyDelete