Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What the hell is a manga cafe`???

I`m just arrived in Tokyo by Shinkansen after a nice day spent in Kyoto visiting some very remarkable sights, and I`m already deep into the capitol`s lifestyle going overnighting into a manga cafe... A manga cafe` is similar to a regular internet cafe` but you have showers, toilets, free drinks and small private box where you can use internet, watching tv or reading in absolute freedom all the comix you want from the library (manga=japanese comic book). The price is usually low for Japanese standards, about 13 euros for 6-8 hours, and the small room clean and comfortable. In all honesty, the feeling I had as soon as I got inside it was that officially that place is made for manga readers but, in reality, is something closer to love hotel for lonely teenagers... Time to sleep for me now: you pay per hour and after the six hours' package the price dramatically increase! Oyasumi nasai!

No comments:

Post a Comment