Saturday, January 29, 2011

Huaraz, Perù

It's the second day I'm in Huaraz, on the Peruvian Andes, and it's the second day of rain. Unfortunately this time of the year is rainy season in the Andes and I better lose the hope for the sun in the very next few days... Huaraz is settled at 3100 metres high, it's close to the Cordillera Blanca and Negra and it's supposed to offer unbelievable views and hiking trails over the surroundings 700 glaciers, the 230 mountain lagoons, or the peaks over 6000 metres. Maybe when the weather is clear it's true, not now for sure. Today I joined a tour to see a glacier at 5000 metres high: I've been surprised by myself 'cause when I was there at such altitude I was hiking quick like on sea level, no headache or breathing troubles at all, I've been the first one to reach the glacier and back without suffering too many efforts. I don't think it's only due to the tea with coca leaves I had before starting... I'm at my turning point: my body is going to be fit again, I'm not 90 kilos anymore like when I started this journey - I guess about 20 kilos less now - and my endurance skills are definitely the one I've always had.
Yes, I'm back.

3 comments:

  1. You are ready now to continue down on the Panamericana by bicycle!

    Elettrico

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took 6 months to you to get your good old endurance attitude back!
    see you on the top of Stelvio pass!

    Tonio

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 months to travel the world, 6 more months to rule it...

    ReplyDelete