Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cordoba, Argentina

Cordoba depresses me. I arrived Sunday morning and the city was ghost town until noon. Many people suggested me to come here, because Cordoba is a great city, the 2nd biggest in Argentina, and blah blah blah. Bah! It's not the first time that happen something like this, that the place isn't above the average but everybody seems enthusiast of it... Maybe it's something wrong with me, but I guess it's only matter that once you've tasted Champagne water doesn't appeal you anymore. Many times I think back at the 2 years I lived in Rome. Rome was an incredible city: full of history, culture, tourists, fun... According to what a Frenchman met in Uyuni said "Rome is the most beautiful city in the world". I agree. Sometimes, travelling all around South America, I ask myself if is it worthy to travel for entire days just to visit newborn historical sights or nasty cities, when you can see much more interesting and rewarding historical things in just one afternoon's stroll in Rome. Living there was amazing, even if tough for many reasons. I could say that for some short moments I felt something closer to what is called happiness. Then everything quickly drowned away, but I'm glad to have lived that experience, at least to understand the meaning of the word "richness": to feel rich, to feel the need of nothing else, even with an empty pocket.

4 comments:

  1. Many times, travelling, I had the same thought you had. So I understood that I travel only for meeting people, listening to their stories an living experiences. I'm no more interested in UNESCO sites, most visited places, most recommended places...
    even in the worst ass-hole town in no man's land you'll find incredible stories of common people, I'm sure you found them many times during this big journey of yours.
    that's richness!!!
    go on!

    Tonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most expensive souvenir is happiness and freedom, and youve got both. Keep enjoying your adventure.
    One of the richest men on earth buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to travell to Argentina, because of m job first I'll be staying in a buenos aires apartment, but then I'd like to visit some other place in the country. Do you think I should go to Cordoba?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, if you're not spam, you can easily understand what I think about Cordoba from what is written on this post...

    ReplyDelete