Monday, February 14, 2011

Dead Calm...

When I was on the catamaran to Colombia, in the middle of the open sea, for a couple of times I've thought at the movie "Dead Calm" (Ore 10: Calma piatta, 1989). I was thinking what the hell I gonna do, in a such place, if someone goes crazy? That was the kind of thoughts everybody does, but everybody knows it's just a stupid thought resulting of the too many movies we have watched in our lives. Well, sometimes imagination is closer to reality than what you ever may think. Especially when me is involved.
The captain wasn't the friendliest person on Earth, but I must admit he has been almost always kind with me. He taught me the first steps how to swim, he gave me as a present an (half) bottle of rhum before leaving, and he asked me if I wanted to help him on the boat for the next month. What if I said him "yes"? What if I decided for living that experience in the Caribbean Sea?

http://www.tvn-2.com/noticias/noticias_detalle.asp?id=46978

2 comments:

  1. ... perchè non hai mai visto "ore 10 calma piatta" altrimenti ti saresti immedesimato

    ReplyDelete
  2. esatto! my mistake... era quello il film a cui facevo riferimento...

    ReplyDelete