Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tupiza, Bolivia

I spent one day in the cozy town of Tupiza and I had the feeling to be back in United States. The landscape is really similar to the American one, with red rocks and mountains which remind me suggestive states like Arizona, Nevada or Colorado. Maybe that's the reason why the two famous thieves Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid moved here to end their "careers", as Butch Cassidy was killed here in Tupiza. Nowadays, Tupiza is a nice place to spend one day or two, for enjoying slowly the beautiful nature on a bike or an horse. And, yes, after more than two weeks I've finally seen again the rays of the sun! Then I moved to the small town of Uyuni by bus, the roadtrip to Uyuni has been the real highlight of the day and totally justified the detour I had from Potosi to Tupiza: almost 7 hours on a narrow gravel road up on incredible colorful mountains and gorgeus sceneries, for 4 euros only then! I was dreaming how beautiful should be to ride it on a bicycle, but honestly was unbelievable also from a giant bus on those small tracks...
Tomorrow I leave for a 3 days tour to the Salar de Uyuni, the biggest salt flat in the world.

3 comments:

  1. It's too late to talk about photos royalties...
    I already made a photo-book with the pictures you posted on your blog, and it sold more than a million copies. It made me very rich. Actually I'm writin from my 3 floors villa in Bahamas, thanks to you!
    :-)

    Tonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatta hell!
    what you´re doing is simply amazing

    I thought this way to live your life only took place in the beat books.

    Wonderfull

    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you all guys to follow my uncertain steps across this crazy beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete