Thursday, August 12, 2010

Istanbul, Turkey

I left Bulgaria yesterday on a night bus to Istanbul, people knows that I hate saying 'goodbye', but I always prefer a more confident 'see you soon'. That's what I say even to Bulgarıa: see you soon. I'm sure sooner or later my feet walk again the Bulgarian ground without too many seasons will have gone by. Anyway, I'm in Istanbul right now, writing from the international bus station where tonite I get a 10 hours bus to Göreme, Kappadokia. Today I've had a very intensive day: arrived at 7 am in Istanbul, then I visited all the main central sights under an unbreathable hot sun. I've been into the Blue Mosquee (as the hardest part was avoiding all the carpet-sellers attacking you like mosquitos!), then I've been into the spice and grand bazar where - last but not least! - I enjoyed the different types of Kebab produced here... mmmh, even if it's Ramadan here, I guess it's time for the last one of the day!

2 comments:

  1. caspita Teo a sapere che passavi da Istanbul ti davo un paio di etti di parmigiano da portare al mio amico kurdo Ali, che vende libri accanto all'università, e che ne è ghiotto..
    Enjoy Kapadokia, my friend. Se puoi visita la città sotterranea degli Ittiti a Derinkuyu, che è vicino a Goreme. Un posto angusto e suggestivo.
    good luck

    Tonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. guarda Tonio, con il caldo che fa qui non credo che ıl formaggio sarebbe potuto resistere piü di 2 ore: lo stesso grasso che mi porto appresso sento che si sta sciogliendo a ritmi sostenuti... Comunque, chapeau alla Cappadocia!

    ReplyDelete