Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Time goes quickly, we all know it but it's even more true when times are good. Time doesn't care for me now, but the Russian visa got on my passport seems there just to remind me I must move soon to the next step. I feel it a shame 'cause here in Plovdiv I'm having great times. The old town is simply amazing with its thick net of cobblestone streets heading to the top of the hill for a suggestive view of the city. Even the hostel I'm in ain't a real hostel but a private stay with a family charme: my room has plenty of Bulgarian books, an hi-fi and family portraits which remind me I'm just a stupid tourist here. By the way, I'm enjoying every day more and more the easy-going Bulgarian culture as they're extremely helpful and kind. At the hostel I've met a couple of Italians travelling by bicycle from Trieste to Istanbul, Plovdiv is one of their last stages, and we got out to eat at the centre: words aren't enough to describe how delicious that food was! Food here is extremely genuine and natural as the main ingredients are vegetables and meat, but mainly tomatoes, cucumbers and cheese: all the colours of Bulgarian flag!
I've also visited the town of Bachkovo with its pretty orthodox monastery, unfortunately no photos allowed there!

No comments:

Post a Comment