Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Suzdal, Russia

I finally found the Russia I was looking for, I mean the one with colorful wooden houses spreaded along a gentle countryside. That`s the reason why I like Suzdal so much. It`s just 4 hours by train from Moscow but it looks like a different country, well far from the crowded frenzy of the capital. I spent one night in Suzdal, in a great place near the shores of the local river, while strolling around all those quiet churches and monasteries has been a real pleasure. Suzdal is also on Unesco`s list of world heritages. On the way back, I spent few hours in Vladimir, the former Russian capital. It was wedding day, this means the city was fulfilled by couples just got married, they were drinking, dancing and having fun on the streets. A great party atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment