Friday, September 3, 2010

Lake Baikal, Siberia

The people you meet traveling make your travel more than the places themselves. It`s the case of what I experienced in Listyvianka, a small village on the shores of Baikal lake. After one day spent there I took a ferry to Bolshy Koti, onboard I`ve met a Russian family with friends and they started offering me almost everything they were eating. In Bolshy Koti they also brought me to see the best spots of the village, including a beautiful view from the top of the hill, a `real` Russian bath and then a great dinner with delicious dishes and loads of vodka, of course. they have been all unbelievably kind: I was more than surprised, I was astonished. Maybe even more when, as I had to get the ferry at 6pm, they all came together with me at the pier to say me goodbye while leaving. Exactly like long time friends do.
Well, I had to reach Siberia, but finally I`ve found a different, better, way to manage social relations than what I`m used to see in my beloved Italy.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture Matteo!!!
    It reminds me the one I took two years ago for my overland-6-months' trip...what a feeling!!!
    I need to wish u all the best and...
    Buon viaggio!!!
    margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Teo,
    keep on going East, then when you'll meet the Ocean go down South....in a month we'll meet in Laos or Vietnam!

    Tonio

    ReplyDelete