Friday, October 1, 2010

Beijing, China

After the peaceful quiet of Mongolia, moving to a crowded bustling city like Beijing, with a population of 15 millions, is definitely stressful and shocking to me. People is everywhere, and everywhere is overcrowded. The traffic is the most crazy thing I`ve ever seen, no rules at all, it`s anarchy. I even learnt how is possible not being able to get out the train at the right station because of the wild flow of people squeezing you far from every door... There is more: the 1st of October is National holiday commemorating the born of DPRC in 1949, and Chinese have 7 seven days of holidays. It looks like all the Chinese population has moved to Beijing to celebrate it! I`ve visited all the main sites (Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Great Wall) and they were very interesting, but with all those persons queing everywhere they seem to me like tourist`s playground more than the charming sights as they are. By the way, I must admit Beijing is a very nice city, closer to western standards than I would have ever imagined, with old and new mixing into a modern form of Chinese style. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment