Sunday, November 7, 2010

Made in Japan

Few knows that when I was a young teenager, before getting into the endless tunnel of rock/metal music, I was manga lover, videogame addicted and computer nerd... So Japan represented to me a dream destination, something like the Eldorado on Earth. Well, time as gone but the charme Japan has on me is still high and, now that I've seen it, I must admit that it exceeded my expectations. The people, in particular, they all are absolutely incredible, friendly, kind, extremely polite and respectful. A dream comes true.
The Japanese society seems to me like the electronic devices that they produce and export all over the world. It's efficient, precise and scrupulously programmed to the smallest degree of detail. A perfect oiled machine where all the functions are strictly planned in advance and everybody has one role to play, many times one role only. As I'm Italian, as Italy works the opposite, all this seems to me amazing, a really delight to my eyes and thoughts. Anyway, trying to look the other side of the story, I ask myself which is the price they have to pay for such efficiency and perfection of the society. As we are all humans, not machines, I wonder if in the long term it maybe leads people to frustration as they become slave to rules, or maybe leading to a lack of creativity and freedom. Don't know... As perfection is not of this world, I'm just trying to find something wrong in something apparently too neat to be true.
Usually people has jokes on my addiction to photography. Well, here in Japan it's not only usual to bring cameras in your hand and shoot almost everything, here people even suggests you the right angle for taking a better picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment