Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tokyo, Japan

What if I say that I love Japan, and particularly Tokyo? What if I say that it took three months but finally I've found the right city for me? What if I say that I want to apply to get a job here? Tokyo is simply unbelievable. I usually don't like metropolis, but Tokyo is well different than regular big cities: it has 12 millions people but the order, the cleanliness, the politeness make you feel like in a town. It's on a higher step of civilization. Businessmen reading comics or playing pachinko in an addicted mood, manga-style goth ladies walking down the streets, plastic food displayed on windows, music and singing birds broadcasted on subway, electronic toilets and even more... Yeah, Tokyo is much more. Japanese have done their own best to make me feel sad and regretful to leave the country, they've been perfect, that's the right word. It's the first time I'm in Asia, so every day there's something new to learn, something unexpected, something to discover, but honestly I didn't think I would have experienced such a sense of hospitality and kindness... Tokyo, in my memories, will also have the name and the face of a girl met previously in Turkey, she hosted me and her company made my stay even more pleasant.
Everything goes quick when you're on the road, so many feelings you don't even have time to realize what is going on. The past is gone and the future uncertain: present is the only thing that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment