Monday, December 27, 2010

Granada, Nicaragua

Christmas far from home is weird for definition, but I must admit I wouldn't have find a better place than Granada for it. I've a nice tidy private room with bathroom in the main road for few bucks per day, definitely comfortable and, finally, a little bit of privacy after all these months travelling in youth hostels with no privacy at all. So comfortable that I decided for some rest after the last days' frenziness and Antigua's parties: Christmas' eve I have been sleeping at 8 pm! The weather here is sunny and warm, like in European summertime, and I really enjoyed strolling down the local market eating tons of cheap fruit and drinking the local beer "Tona" or "Victoria", coming in 1 litre bottles for 1,5 dollars each. I also discovered the pleasures of local shacks which are truly different to all the other shacks where I ate during this travel: different to Mexican shacks, different to Guatemaltecan shacks, Chinese or Mongolian ones... Caribbean shacks are weird and charming! I mean, if you think it's charming eating with old caribbean music coming from a jurassic juke box bigger than 3 fridges and full of useless blinking lights while drunken locals select music on it just to show the only foreigner how cool is their music, or like having the tableclothe full of cigarette burns, or like the roof made by straw and the meat roasted directly out on the streets... Well, in few hours I'm gonna sail to Isla de Omotepe, a small island lying in the middle of Lake of Nicaragua with joint volcanoes and small villages along the coast. More news soon to come.

2 comments:

  1. Heh, did I told you that I`m really jealous?? Especially when I`m reading that the weather is sunny and warm grrrrrr!!!!
    In Poland we have almost Syberia hehe - snow, snow, snow and f***g cold ;)
    Anyway, Christmass is over so I wish you all the best in new year - more adventures, no more "curse of the first day" and many good people around you :)
    ...and of course hope to see you someday in Poland ;)

    Hugs,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anya! No, don't be jealous for the weather here 'cause now is getting sooooooo warm, too much warm! Think that I even start to sweat... ahahaha :D
    Thank you very much for your wishes! I wish you the same for a great 2011, as the new year will bring you 365 days of sunshine, lots of happiness, fun, and that all your dreams may become true!
    ...and of course we see again in Poland!!! ;)
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete