Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nashville, Tennessee

I`m writing from the public library in Nashville, Tennesse. I arrived early in the morning and, honestly, there is not too much to do or see here, some hours are enough to visit all the (few) main sights. Nashville is so called the music city, as it`s the capital of country music, his studios produced artists like Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash and his live music clubs, spreaded almost everywhere along the downtown avenues, attracts musicians from all over the States making the city the heart of american popular music. I came to Nashville as a pilgrim to honour my longtime love to rock`n roll as much as the one to Jack Daniel`s whisky. The distillery is just 75 miles from Nashville, in the town of Lynchburg: I really wished to visit it, as Jack Daniel`s is an American icon, representative of the country like McDonald`s, Coke or Disney. Unfortunately there is no public transportation to Lynchburg: no buses, no trains, nothing, nada de nada... There was just a tour offered by a private company, but now is off season. Hitchiking is obviously illegal in the state of Tennesse (hitchikers can be much more dangerous than deploited uranium according to some recent studies...) and they said me that if the `State troopers` catch you hitchiking you occur into huge fines, at least. Well, honestly I didn`t hitchike to Lynchburg just because is awfully cold and I don`t wanna freeze my (already frozen) ass for a shot of whisky I can get in every bar below the public library itself. So, time for me now to go having a couple of glasses while listening good live country music at downtown, then the bus station to catch a bus for sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment