Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans is ok. It`s not the quintessence of beauty as all the people usually say, but at least is fine. The French quarter is the main heart of the city and it`s the most charming because of his truly French-Creole taste. The city is literally overwhelmed by bars, pubs and restaurants of all kinds: from one point of view this makes New Orleans a very lively and funny city to live, but from the other side if you`re just looking for a grocery to buy something to eat or drink, there is no way to find it (but this story is the same one for all the big american cities). The city was founded in 1778 by French Mississippi Company and the river played a basic role in the development of the city. But more than the historical facts, which you can read easily on wikipedia, I wanna mention that not too far from New Orleans, on Avery Island, is produced my favourite sauce ever: Tabasco! I`m definitely a Tabasco junkie, I use it really everywhere, I miss only shooting into my veins... Well, pour few drops of Tabasco into a cold pint of lager and I promise you will fall in love with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment