Friday, December 3, 2010

Atlanta, Georgia

Ok, I already know yesterday I didn`t have to party in Nashville... The couple of beers planned, for a mistery multiplicative ratio, became 4: I met many crazy people, I had fun with them and, at the end of the story, I missed my bus. American cities have to be lived, not visited, aesthetically they`re all pretty ugly but just start clubbing and you`ll have the fun of a lifetime. So I`m arrived in Atlanta early in the morning, Atlanta is an urban jungle with almost 6 million people, the birthplace of Coke, of Martin Luther King, headquarter of CNN and the olympic games took place here in 1996. I went to visit the museum of Coke, settled on the same square where was invented in 1886. The museum was the quintessence of the American stuff: full of craps, blinking lights and stupid slogans... By the way I learn that Santa Claus as we know was created in 1931 by Coca Cola Inc. when they decided to change position for their product. So, Santa Claus is, in reality, the shape of Mr. Pemberton, the creator of Coke, and the red clothes comes from the company colours of Coca Cola Inc. In our today`s consumption society sacred and profane go hand in hand. Crazy, no?

`I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.`
(Martin Luther King Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment