Saturday, December 11, 2010

Teotihuacan, Mexico

Yeah, I was right: honeymoon with safety is over. I read from the news that the city of Morelia (exactly where I wished to go...) has been closed because of a huge fight between narcos and the army: what I understood from the papers is that the police caught the boss of "la famiglia" - a gang of narcos from the city - and for that reason the battle started, with shootings among population and 5 policemen dead. I also had my scary moment the first day in Mexico: after a stroll in the centre of Guadalajara (which is the 2nd biggest city in Mexico) I had to reach the bus station in the suburb, I've got the right bus, I've fallen asleep and I missed the right stop... Well, I understood was the wrong way only at the last stop which was in San Pedrito, a fuckin' dangerous suburb on the hills of Guadalajara, something like a favela, something where you don't wanna be at 20 to ten (exactly as the good Sebastian Bach was singing in one of his best hits "freaks come out at nine, and it's 20 to ten") Well, I asked info for a bus to the station and this guy started pushing me saying "I show you the way, follow me, follow me along that dark, empty, long alley...". No way, I got the first taxi available. Then he wanted to follow me as he was saying he was going to the bus station as weel, once arrived he asked me if I wanted his 'company' now or in the future: he was a bitchman.
Anyway, after a one night bus I arrived in Mexico City, just for a short visit to the beautiful Teotihuacan pyramids, and then I've been to the city centre to see the cathedral and the few interesting spots this massive city (15 millions people!) has to offer. Mexico is cool.

1 comment:

  1. Grandissimo, To, almeno ti si vede, sei in formissima!
    Keep going!
    Flipper

    ReplyDelete