Friday, December 31, 2010

Manuel Antonio, Costarica

No, there`s not a mistake in the title of this post, the name of this village is really Manuel Antonio! After one night spent in San Jose`, the capitol of Costarica, I moved to this village on the coast of Pacific Ocean because is near to the homonym National Park. Today I hiked into the National Park and it was really worthy to come here as the wildlife seen was stunning: lots of monkeys everywhere, hummingbirds, iguanas, lizards, sloths, crabs and other animals I don`t know what they are... Unfortunately the shitty camera (but mainly is fault of the shitty lens) I use didn`t allow me to take pics as wanted, but anyway some shots taken I guess they`re pretty cool, that`s enough.
By the way, coming from Nicaragua I was thinking how cool was to discover that country: a place which was something like a black hole on the geographical map to me, as I knew almost nothing about Nicaragua before reaching it, it quickly turned into one of my favourite central America spots, for the wild beauty of the almost-tourist-free country and the unbelievably friendly people. Well, Costarica is different, as the influence of United States is really strong (you can see Pizza Hut, Burger King and McDonald`s spreaded almost everywhere) prices are expensive, villages converted into tourist attractions and, finally, a different less charm as it seems to me more `fake`. But you come to Costarica for his lush nature and incredible wildlife, not for anything else, and nature here - trust me - is unbelievable.
I will greet the new year from the beach just few metres from the hostel where I stay in Manuel Antonio. Happy 2011 to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment