Sunday, January 16, 2011

Valle de Cocora, Colombia

Everybody told me how cool Medellin is, I spent half a day there and for me was enough. Maybe because as soon as I arrived the city greeted me with a demonstration of the mothers of desaparecidos, or maybe because of the Botero park full of aged prostitutes fatter than the statues of Botero itself, or maybe because of all the police which was stopping me to suggest me to hide the camera as it wasn't safe to walk there alone, or maybe because of all the transexuals waiting for partners out of each hotel... Well, the only decent thing I've seen in Medellin was the viewpoint over the city from the top of Cerro Nutibara, that's all. So I moved to the "zona caffettera" of Colombia, a countryside area famous for the production of coffee (and coca as well). I reached the lush and green Valle de Cocora for a one day hike over the mountains, among giant wax palms and free colorful hummingbirds, which was really interesting. Then I moved to Salento, a small colorful village in the middle of zona caffettera: the funny story of the day is that when I had a walk to the top of the hill for the viewpoint over the city, I've seen a path through the woods I decided to follow, but after few meters appeared in front of me a paramilitary guy with gun and all the rest, saying me that I wasn't allowed to walk that way... I wonder what he was protecting! Coffee plantations maybe?

2 comments:

  1. I like this photo, with you reflected in the glasses while taking the picture... is flower the white thing under the men's nose right? I am sure so!

    Elettrico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Electricman, what about Vietnam? I suppose has been pretty cool, right?
    In reality, my reflection in the pic is nothing but a mistake... but I think it's nice as well, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete