Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mar del Plata, Argentina

Few people knows that my grandpa was living in Mar del Plata. Few knows it because I met him only once, for few days, just before he died. I was around 20 years old when he shown up in front of our house, without a notice nor a call or a letter sent previously. He just rang the doorbell and said "That's me, here I am...". Few days later he then flew back to Argentina, and that's all I knew about him.
I've had relaxing times these days and time enough to think about many things as for the direction to give my travel. I realize I could keep traveling for many many more months, maybe years, but it would be just pointless at this time. I feel that here - Mar del Plata - is the most logic and meaningful place to say my journey's getting over. Few more stops, but I officially started the way back home.

4 comments:

  1. Grande Don, ti aspettiamo, mi sto già informando per farti avere un lavoro da posteggiatore. Ma non è facile...

    FlHippier

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, let us know when you'll be home again!
    I already warned all the best pubs in Milan to fill their warehouses with the best beer to salute you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. what am I reading?!?!?! becoming a valet??? drinking beer??? c'mon guys, you're insulting me, I'm not that kind of person! I'm a respectable person! ;) just think that today I've had the amazing news that my paper has been cited into other published works, so this means it has been officially accepted and acclaimed by the scientific community becoming history. Ok, I'm kinda alternative researcher - that's true - but even now I'm traveling on the road, what else am I doing but exploring different paths of researches?
    Moreover, my article's price is rapidly increasing, you gotta pay 36$ at the moment to get this outstanding masterpiece which I obiously suggest you to read:

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VGP-4XDFDHH-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=2034cf7f8cd7fc9c95e14857f5da1495

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the travel is over! You can come back home, but everywhere you'll be you've reached such an awareness of you and the world around you that... that... ok, I can't finish such a complicated sentence now (just eaten and I need a nap :)) I'll tell you when you'll come back! (or maybe when I'll come back, I'm leaving for 3 weeks holidays to Cuba!)
    See you Vendetta!
    Marco

    ReplyDelete