Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random thoughts on Turkey

Before leaving, here is some things I learnt about Turkey:
1) Turkish are natural born sellers. They would be able to sell heaters in the desert or fridges at North Pole. Or even more.
2) They're very kind and cheerful, especially those people from villages or those far from tourist attractions. Otherwise, when you're targeted as tourist they will try all the ways to trick you some extra money, even few cents only. As I'm Italian, I always thought we were the 'kings of cheaters', but I have to admit Turkish are the number one.
3) After a stroll in the alleys of Trabzon's suburbs I've understood the meaning of the word chaos.
4) I love Kebab.
Now I have to go. I gonna get a ferry across the Black Sea which will bring me tomorrow to Sochi, Russia. Moreover, I'm in a hurry because there's a guy in front of me at the internet cafe' which is sending me, via internet, messages about how he thinks I'm cool. What a shit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matteo!

    Your lovely brother gave me the address, putting a lot of emphasis on your SHITTY tale!

    And claiming that he is ALWAYS right, or that he is right in AVERAGE, or 90% of times (for him all mean the same quantity... engineers...)

    Enjoy your trip and please enlight us with your shi... ehm... tale!

    Why am I writing in English? God knows (maybe)

    p.s. bought a bottle of CAOL ILA cask strength, speed up your journey, or I will end it up alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahah! grande!!! oggi allora brindero` con uno shot di vodka alla vostra salute!
    ciao da Rostov.

    ReplyDelete