Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rostov-na-Donu, Russia

Finally I`ve found an internet cafe` here so I can update my travel locations. At the moment I`m writing from Rostov-Na-Donu, Russia. I arrived yesterday in Russia sailing from Trabzon in Turkey: due to ferry delays I arrived in Sochi at 2pm after an exhausting 4 hours wait at the port. Not too bad, Russian burocracy is world ranking but I hadn`t any problem at the border (same as for the later military checkpoint out of the city). Sochi is settled on the shores of the Black Sea, isn`t far from Caucasus and it`s the city will host the winter Olympic games in 2014. Moreover is the main seaside town for Russians, so it looks extremely richful but impersonal. I`ve been helped to move the first steps in Russian culture by Mathias and Franziska, but later our ways splitted as they continued to Beslan while I was searching a way to reach Volgograd. Well, I have a tested formula: using night buses allow you to travel while saving the expenses of the hotel. Even here in Russia the formula works. I`ve gotten into a bus to Rostov where I arrived few minutes ago. Today I`ll take a look to the city centre then another night bus will lead me to Volgograd, the former Stalingrad.

2 comments:

  1. occhio che dopo le 22 non vendono piu' alcolici!!

    sei arrivato te e la russia e' diventata astemia... mah.....

    qui a fianco c'e' tuo fratello, idee per liberarsene?????? io non riesco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. prova con una secchiata d`acqua gelida in pieno volto, e` un metodo discutibile ma di sicuro efficace! ahaha

    ReplyDelete