Wednesday, December 8, 2010

San Antonio, Texas

I arrived in San Antonio very early this morning and I started exploring the city early as well. I had a stop here mainly to visit the Alamo, the battlefield where in 1836 David Crockett resist to the attack of the Mexican army. I was really close to say that San Antonio is a nice city when I walked down the corner and I faced the usual depressive American poor neighborood with the same ugly, decadent and dirty Traveller`s Hotel. A splatter movie is definitely less disgusting than those places. It`s unbelievable here how things can quickly turn from right to awful just few steps later... A great metaphor of life indeed. That`s the reason why I decided for a such kind of road trip here in US: ugly cheap accomodations, poor quality of services, located far from downtown and extremely difficult to reach, as well as American cities don`t have sights to justify more than a one day visit. Mmmmh, I realize just now it`s one week I don`t sleep in a regular bed and I don`t get a regular shower... My feet has begun an irreversable melting process which is making them smell like something in between rotten tuna and boiled eggs. Maybe should I put some drops of Tabasco upon them?

2 comments: